In order to enjoy your sex toys to the max, it’s crucial that you keep them clean. Although it’s probably one of the least exciting parts of using your toys, it’s important for your health and the life span of your product. Luckily, it’s super easy to keep your sex toys clean. To help you out we’ve created an easy guide to how to clean your sex toys.
How should you clean sex toys?
Knowing how to clean your sex toy depends on what material it is made of. Mild soap and a damp cloth is the best option if you’re unsure of what material your toy is made of. However, if you do know what your sex toy is made of, here’s a quick guide to the materials and the products you should use to clean them. Also, this info-graphic will help you find best cleaning practises in a more simpler, visual way.
Motorised silicone, glass, stainless steel or wood
- mild soap and a damp cloth should be ideal for wiping the cloth clean.
Non-motorised silicone, glass, stainless steel or wood
- the same mild soap and a cloth method will work for a non-motorised toy, however for a deeper clean you may want to run it through the dishwasher without soap (after giving it a rinse first!)
- If your sex toy looks and feels like skin then it is probably made from Cyberskin which requires a softer clean. Gently cleanse the Cyberskin with mild soap and warm water and be careful not to use too much detergent.
- Whilst you should wash these sex toys with soap and water, porous materials are unable to become fully clean as they contain small pores that allow bacteria to seem in. For this reason, plastic and jelly rubber sex toys can hold onto STDs even after washing with soap and water. To avoid this bacteria, keep your sex toy clean and put a condom on it if you are sharing.
How should you clean a dildo?
Many dildos are made of silicone, like this Silicone Realistic Clit Vibrator, which means they will require washing with mild soap and a damp cloth immediately after use.
Some dildos, such as the Jessica Rabbit MK2 Vibrator will be made of thermoplastic rubber material that can be tricky to clean deeply. The best way to clean them is immediately after use with soap and water.
Meanwhile, Cyberskin dildo such as the Loving Joy Real Feel 8 Incher will need a softer clean and will require less soap.
How should you clean a fleshlight?
Fleshlights like the Riley Reid Utopia Flesh Light are usually made from Cyberskin or superskin which is a microfiber material that feels like the human touch. In order to clean your fleshlight, you will need to:
- Remove the sleeve from the hard shell
- Use soap and water to thoroughly wash out the hard shell
- Then, rinse the sleeve with warm water and ensure that you place your finger in the sleeve in order to dislodge any bacteria that may have got caught under the rim.
- Allows water to flush through the fleshlight by placing it under running water for one minute
- Then, once it is flushed you can use a fleshlight spray to thoroughly clean it.
Are you ready to take your bedroom skills to the next level? Browse our full range of sex toys to spice up your sex life. Or, if you want to find out more about different toys, read up our Complete Guide to Using Sex Toys.